You’ve escaped the city and made it to a wide open green space. And the people are as beautiful as the scenery! What’s not to like? But just in case you need some extra help to keep your spirits up, here are a few things we’ve laid on especially to keep that beaming smile on your face.
- Belly dancing. Need we say more? You’ll make friends doing this. Or you can bring some with you and watch them have a go. Grins guaranteed.
- Tell Out My Soul. Like Top of the Pops, only for hymns. Hear a choir blast through some of the UK’s top 100 hymns under the Colonnades of Boughton House. Splendid!
- Ultimate Power. A club night constructed solely of power ballads? We’re in. Scream along to joyous classics along with a load of other strangers in The Little Big Top.
- Bilal Zafar. Online dating is no laughing matter. Only, with Bilal, it is. He’s an award-winning Muslim comedian and he’s going to be making a lot of jokes about Tinder.
- The Way of Lament. Wait, wrong list…
- Jonny & the Baptists. Silly songs, satirical anthems, and a whole lot of laughs. We cried with laughter at their last Greenbelt appearance and we expect tears again.
- Nettle String Workshop. We confess we’re not exactly sure what this is. But even the thought of it cheers us up…so it has to be fun, right? Or maybe it’s more fun to stand at the side and watch others give it a try.