Lots of things about a great festival can be mind-altering. We all know that. And Greenbelt is no exception. Except to say that the changes that occur at Greenbelt are – more often than not –permanent, life-changing and affirming (rather than transitory, and with a nasty come-down).
- Loss, Cancer and Minecraft: A playable poem about saying goodbye. We had no idea that you could use computer game Minecraft to create poems. And that those poems could help others discuss the way we say goodbye to loved ones. Join us here to find out how it happened.
- (The Great) War as a Crisis in Masculinity and Muscular Christianity. “War – what is it good for?” Or, more to the point, how much is it a product of toxic masculinity? And has the church bought into it?
- Queer Virtue: The Power of Queerness to Reform and Revitalise Christian Faith. Come along to hear Liz Edman argue that authentic Christianity is and must be Queer – and that queerness can help all of us better understand and navigate an authentic Christian path.
- Death, Faith & Ethics. How far should we go in keeping people alive? Will technology enable us to defeat death? This illuminating panel will change the way you think about the end of life.
- The Enemy Within. Being a British Muslim is far from easy. Hear Baroness Sayeeda Warsi (Britain’s first Muslim cabinet minister) speak about cultural difference, counter-terrorism, religious freedom, integration and the meaning of ‘British values’.
- What Makes for a Good Brexit? On this panel, we’ll debate what Brexit really means for our divided society – and our place in Europe and the World. It promises to be…fruity.
Pictured: Rachel Mann