If you are interested in using your skills (carpentry, painting, large scale crafting, sewing) to create our decorative elements (stage sets, outside sculptures and signs) during Make Week – 12th to 16th August (you will need to arrive on site on 11th August), please click on the link to the right to apply.
- You may be working in or students of stage or theatre design, furniture, product design, architecture, welding and metal work. Or an enthusiastic capable person who doesn’t get to do making in your day job, but would love a creative outlet.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and produce sculptural site specific art works for public realm
- We can provide photos which can be used in portfolio
- We may be happy to provide individual references etc
- You will have the opportunity to learn and use a wide range of creative tasks and materials.
- You will have the opportunity to utilise and expand experience of techniques and processes
- We are happy for team members to be keen but inexperienced in theatre design, product design, art and craft students or people who fancy a busman’s holiday, using their wood working and other skills.
- We will have projects suitable for all skill levels
- If you apply early enough we can develop a project that is specific to your skill set and interests
You may be interested in volunteering during both Make & Build Week. If so, please apply using either application form, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the 2nd team.
As a specific offer for the Make Week
- all catering for breakfast lunch and dinner is supplied. (We shop and cook as a team but the cost is covered by us)
- you will be able to leave tents up during Build Week even if they go home, so you get a good camping spot
- showers and toilets provided.
- we can make a contribution to travel costs if you are doing Make Week but not Build Week if needed, as you may have extra travel.