The Greenbelt Website: What’s New?
The Greenbelt website has recently undergone a bit of a revamp. As a source of information about the four-day Festival, the website was fine. But Greenbelt has always been more than just a Festival, hasn't it?
We wanted to make something that would be interesting to people all year round, and so, our new look website was born! We're going to be updating this Blog more regularly, so now is a good time to subscribe to it. If you have an RSS Reader (such as Google Reader), then click here. If you don't, try subscribing by email - this will email you every time we publish a new post. The link for email subscription, delivered by Feedburner, is on the right-hand side of every blog post.
Here's some key bits of the homepage that you should know about...
1. The Media section, containing videos and podcasts, and the Blog have been given their own headings in bars at the top and side. This means you're never far away from interesting things to look at, hear, and read - and allow you to experience a little of the excitement of the Festival all year round.
2. There are quick links under the large picture, so if you want to quickly get to Volunteer pages, or buy Recorded Talks, then they are easy to get to. Similarly, there are big reminders down the right hand side of things to do on the website, including Buy Tickets and a new giving section Give To Greenbelt.
3. The videos and podcasts from the Media section can also be accessed and viewed from the player on the Homepage of the website, allowing you to quickly see what's new.
4. The Blog is also built into the Homepage. The blog has new categories for Faith, Arts and Justice, so we'll be posting news, events and interesting links for each of the key subjects of our Festival. Of course, we'll also be posting things specifically about the Festival, so there's a section for that as well.
5. If you haven't yet signed up to our monthly e-newsletter Dispatches, you can now do so easily and quickly from the sidebar, which features on every page of the site.
6. This sidebar also features tweets from the Greenbelt Twitter account. If you have a Twitter account, be sure to follow us for news, alerts and interesting re-tweets!
7. And finally, there are some interesting facts about Greenbelt that you may not know! If you have any interesting facts for inclusion, do email us!
Hopefully these changes will make the website more straight-forward to use, and easier to get to recently-updated goodies. Of course, all the information on the Festival that you need is still there in Festival Info, including Line-up. We have some posts coming soon on the Blog about 2010's line-up, so subscribe and get involved with the wider Greenbelt community!