We are keen to develop relationships with the people we support and so are more likely to fund individuals and smaller organisations. We do like applications from those that understand the equality of all regardless of religion, culture, gender or ethnicity.
Each year we aim to provide around twenty small grants of up to £1000 and a handful of larger grants of between £1000/£5000.
When to apply and when we meet to consider applications
Applications will be considered by the trustees in October, so applications should reach us by 5th September.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and let you know the Trustees decision by the middle of the month following the meeting at which your proposal was considered.
Five things you need to know and tell Trust Greenbelt:
1. Your contact details and, if you are applying on behalf of an organisation, your organisation’s official details as well
2. What’s your idea? Why would Trust Greenbelt be attracted to it?
3. How much money do you hope to receive? Please include a budget breakdown including any other funding you have or hope to receive.
4. What do you hope the outcome of your project will be? How will you and we know whether this money was well spent?
5. Can you think of any ways to showcase your idea or project at the Greenbelt Festival?
A few final pointers
- We want to fund things that are innovative, inspiring and will have an obvious impact – so we find things like air flights a bit dull and probably won’t fund them (unless the reason for them really grabs us).
- Although we are keen to showcase some of the projects at the festival we don’t want to use Trust Greenbelt to fund you or your initiative to come to Greenbelt, unless, again, you can persuade us of its value and impact on festivalgoers and/or the contributors to your project.
- We tend to measure each application against our three main points of reference – faith, the arts and justice – so the more you can show us how your work links with these components the more likely we are to give it some attention.
- If we like what you are about but don’t feel your application is very strong we will tell you and ask you to apply again.
- So get creative and inspire us with the fantastic work you are doing.
If you would like to submit an idea, please download and complete the application form, and send it to: Trust Greenbelt, Greenbelt Festivals, 1b Snow Hill Court, London, EC1A 2EJ. Alternatively, you can submit your application via email attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 27 Apr 2013