What we stand for informs how we behave. We stand for an inclusive and progressive Christian faith, which calls us to:
Transform life for the common good
- Working for justice, challenging oppression, listening to those with no voice and standing with people on the margins.
- Using our resources wisely and responsibly, reducing our impact on the good earth, trading and investing with people and communities in mind, not simply to maximize financial return.
- Celebrating the power of people to change history, inspiring and resourcing each other to live lives marked by art, faith and justice.
Put people first
- Igniting community which celebrates life.
- Seeking to welcome all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, sexuality, disability or background.
- Nurturing an empowered staff and volunteer body in a culture of openness, creativity, humility and accountability.
Collaborate, conspire and converse
- Partnering with like-minded individuals, groups and organisations to dream new dreams, and become more than the sum of our parts.
- Helping staff, volunteers, Angels and festivalgoers to reimagine Greenbelt both as an annual festival and around the year.
- Modeling through creative friendship compelling approaches to art, faith and justice in our time.
Cherish the journey as much as the destination
- Questioning intolerance, greed, prejudice and injustice.
- Exploring ideas, beliefs, stories and traditions, both those which challenge and those which affirm.
- Creating spaces to incubate new perspectives, celebrate curiosity and enrich our understanding through dialogue and diversity.
Page last updated 27 Apr 2013